The Hit Box has new firmware for improved functionality in fighting game training modes and compatibility with a wider range of genres.
- Improved Touchpad emulation
- On PS4 games, the Touchpad button provides more output options - ie, allowing players to reset training mode in Street Fighter V.
- You can hold Left, Down, or Right as you press Touchpad to change the reset positions in SFV.
- On PC, functionality remains the same and will require remapping in Steam to add L3, R3, etc.
- View our "SFV Training Reset on Steam" blog for more info: https://www.hitboxarcade.com/blogs/hit-box/sfv-training-reset-on-steam
- Directional Output modes
- You can now swap among DPad, Left Stick, and Right Stick output with the directional buttons - DPad is still default.
- With the Hit Box plugged in:
- Hold Options/Start + Left for 5 seconds to output Left Stick
- Hold Options/Start + Right for 5 seconds to output Right Stick
- Hold Options/Start + Up for 5 seconds to output DPad
- Unplugging and plugging the Hit Box back in will reset it to DPad.
- This will provide more compatibility with games that do not accept DPad as movement.
- More details in our official "Directional Output Modes" blog post: https://www.hitboxarcade.com/blogs/hit-box/directional-output-modes
- WARNING: Updating an incompatible Hit Box with this firmware can result in your controller being unusable.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not know your Hit Box version or compatibility
- Compatible with: Detachable cable version PS4 Hit Box
- If your Hit Box has 4 menu buttons on the top and has a detachable cable, it will be compatible
- If your Hit Box only has 3 menu buttons on the top or has a fully wired-in cable, it is not compatible - do not update to this firmware.
- If you do not know what version Hit Box you have, please contact email@example.com.
For any other questions or concerns, please visit our Discord in the #tech-support channel or contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.