The Smash Box is an amazing controller for fighting games. It can take advantage of multiple directional input methods - similar to Cross|Up - with the benefits of button remapping and additional thumb buttons.
With the 5.01 Smash Box update
, we have put more focus on proving that the Smash Box is better than any keyboard or fightstick. And with that focus we have developed a layout specifically for fighting games and designed to use X360CE on your computer for improved compatibility.
This layout takes advantage of the new buttons in 5.01: "R-Click" and "L-Click." With these new buttons included, the Smash Box can fill in the 8 action buttons like a standard arcade fight stick.
In addition, the Dpad buttons are moved to the main movement cluster for the left hand. Not all fighting games use Analog movement buttons on default, so the placement of the Dpad buttons ensures that Smash Box players can play as many fighting games as possible without changing any options.
Finally, the Analog movement buttons have been moved to the right thumb cluster with the intention of using the Analog-Up button with the right thumb - in a similar way to how Hit Box players use their jump button.
By using the input wrapper "x360ce," the compatibility of the Smash Box with fighting games on the PC is greatly improved.
Follow our "X360CE for Smash Box" blog to get your layout and Smash Box set up.
Below is how the Smash Box layout is translated in x360ce. This design is meant to take advantage of everything that x360ce provides and get the most out of the fighting games you play.
Compatible PC Fighting Games
Below is a fairly comprehensive list of fighting games on PC that Smash Box is compatible with using X360CE:
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction & BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle
- Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Fantasy Strike
- Granblue Fantasy: Versus
- Guilty Gear:
- XX Accent Core Plus R
- Xrd, Xrd Sign, Xrd Revelator, & Xrd Rev 2
- Injustice & Injustice 2
- Killer Instinct
- King of Fighters: 97, 98, 2002, 13, & 14
- Lethal League Blaze
- Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code & Type Lumina
- Mortal Kombat: 9, 10, & 11
- Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
- Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid
- Punch Planet
- Samurai Shodown
- Soulcalibur VI
- Street Fighter V & Street Fighter 4
- Tekken 7
- Them's Fightin' Herds
- Ultimate Marvel V. Capcom 3
- Under Night In-Birth EXE:L[cl-r]
- You can use the Smash Box for Dolphin too but you do not need x360ce. Use our "Smash Box on PC" blog for more info.