If you have just received your Hit Box, then there is no need to update your controller! Out of the box it will be updated with the latest everything. Once in a while your controller may need to be updated, however, and that is why we have this firmware page. The tell-tale sign is the 8-minute disconnect problem. This is a rare occurrence, but we can help if it ever happens.
- For Hit Boxes from June 2016 and newer.
- Lets you play on the Nintendo Switch on your Hit Box without an adapter.
- Lets you start up your controller in different modes for PC:
- Hit Box now boots automatically in Xinput mode when plugged into a PC (no need to hold any buttons, just plug in)
- Hold Square/LP as your plugging the Hit Box into your PC to get PS3 mode (read as "P3 Wired Gamepad v1.6" joy.cpl)
- Hold Triangle/MP for PS4 mode (P4 Wired Gamepad v1.6)
- Hold R1/HP for Xinput mode (Controller/Xbox 360 for Windows)
- Hold L1/3P for Switch mode (Real Arcade Pro S)
- Limited to DPAD only for directions, you will not have left stick or right stick.
- Run Hit_Box_Switch_Firmware.exe in administrator mode.
- Plug in your Hit Box while holding "Home" and "Share."
- If you are not sure which side buttons those are, hold them all down.
- The updater will change screens and show an "Update" button, click it.
- Wait until it is done.
- Unplug your Hit Box and plug it back in.
- You know your Hit Box is running the new update if you check your USB Game controllers.
- Hit Win+R and type "joy.cpl" if it shows up as an Xbox 360 controller, you are updated.
- Firmware update fixes 8-minute timeout issue.
- Hold PS(Home) + Share(Select) while you plug your Hit Box into PC. Allow drivers to install.
- Download PS4 Firmware Download, extract updater, run file, click update.
- Only download this file if your Hit Box was one of the original PS4 Hit Boxes from 2015 - 2016. Firmware update fixes 8-minute timeout issue.
- Hold PS(Home) while you plug your Hit Box into PC. Allow drivers to install.
- Download PS4 Firmware (Pre June 2016) Download, extract updater, run file, click update.
- Removes controller update prompt when plugging in Hit Box.
- Accurate PSD and GIMP files to edit artwork to go under the clear acrylic for your Hit Box.
- Clear acrylic product page for Hit Box.
If for any reason you are having problems with your Hit Box, you can reach us at: email@example.com or post in the #tech-support channel in our Discord.
We are looking forward to helping with any problems!