LATEST FIRMWARE: PS4/PC V1.05 - JUN.14.2023 [B9B2]
How to update firmware: Updating Firmware on Hit Box
[instructions for updating firmware are also included with the firmware download]
Full information and details on v1.05: https://www.hitboxarcade.com/blogs/news/hit-box-firmware-v1-05
- SOCD Boot Modes
- Hold down a button while plugging in the controller to select SOCD setting:
K1 (Cross / X / Light Kick): Hit Box SOCD (default)
- Up + Down = Up / Left + Right = Neutral
- Up + Down = Neutral / Left + Right = Neutral
- SOCD Memory
- The controller will retain SOCD setting in memory indefinitely until manually changed again.
- Overhauled Menu Buttons (back of controller)
- New Button Order (left to right):
- Shift Key / Home / Touchpad / Options
- Added "Shift Key" Button
- Holding "Shift" modifies the other menu buttons for additional features (pressing by itself does nothing).
- Shift Key (held) / Share / L3 / R3
- Replaced Functions
- 1.04 SOCD Toggle (hold Down + Options) has been removed.
- 1.04 L3 / R3 (Up / Down + Touchpad) has been removed.
- WARNING: Updating an incompatible Hit Box with this firmware can result in your controller being unusable.
- Compatible with: PS4/PC Hit Box
- If your Hit Box has 4 menu buttons on the top, then it will be compatible.
- If your Hit Box was ordered before June 2016 your Hit Box may not be compatible. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you suspect your Hit Box was ordered within that time-frame.
- If your Hit Box only has 3 menu buttons on the top, it is not compatible - do not update to this firmware.
- Please contact email@example.com if you do not know your Hit Box version or compatibility, or if you have any issue with updating your firmware.
- Click here for previous downloads -
- Fixed 8-minute timeout on older PS4/PC models.
- Only download this file if your Hit Box was one of the original PS4 Hit Boxes from 2015 - 2016. Firmware update fixes 8-minute timeout issue.
- Removes controller update prompt when plugging in Hit Box.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
- Accurate PSD and GIMP files to edit artwork to go under the clear acrylic for your Hit Box.
- Clear acrylic product page for Hit Box.
If for any reason you are having problems with your Hit Box, you can reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or post in the #tech-support channel in our Discord.
We are looking forward to helping with any problems!