You read that right. "The Switch Update."
The Hit Box is now natively compatible for the Nintendo Switch. No more need for adapters or converters!
This firmware update has been making its way around our Discord for a little over a month now, hence the September release on it - we wanted to make sure to get some testing on it first before a true public release. Now here we are, slamming this new update into your Hit Boxes so you can play your favorite fighting games on Switch!
- For Hit Boxes from June 2016 and later.
- Lets you play on the Nintendo Switch on your Hit Box without an adapter.
- Lets you start up your controller in different modes for PC:
- Hold Square/LP as your plugging the Hit Box into your PC to get PS3 mode (read as "P3 Wired Gamepad v1.6" joy.cpl)
- Hold Triangle/MP for PS4 mode (P4 Wired Gamepad v1.6)
- Hold R1/HP for Xinput mode (Controller/Xbox 360 for Windows)
- Hold L1/3P for Switch mode (Real Arcade Pro S)
- Limited to DPAD only for directions, you won't have left stick or right stick.
- Run Hit_Box_Switch_Firmware.exe in administrator mode.
- Plug in your Hit Box while holding "Home" and "Share."
- If you're not sure which side buttons those are, hold them all down.
- The updater will change screens and show an "Update" button, click it.
- Wait until it's done.
- Unplug your Hit Box and plug it back in.
- You know your Hit Box is running the new update if you check your USB Game controllers.
- Hit Win+R and type "joy.cpl" if it shows up as an Xbox 360 controller, you're updated.
If you have any questions regarding the update, be sure to hop onto our Discord and go to the #hitbox-discussion channel: Hit Box Discord.