The Hit Box has new firmware to comply with the CPT 2023 Ruleset plus improved functionality for fighting game training modes.
Hit Box Version Compatibility
WARNING: Updating an incompatible Hit Box with this firmware can result in your controller being unusable.
- Compatible with: PS4/PC Hit Box
- If your Hit Box has 4 menu buttons on the top, then it will be compatible.
- If your Hit Box was ordered before June 2016 your Hit Box may not be compatible. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you suspect your Hit Box was ordered within that time-frame.
- If your Hit Box only has 3 menu buttons on the top, it is not compatible - do not update to this firmware.
- Please contact email@example.com if you do not know your Hit Box version or compatibility.
- Standard SOCD Mode
- This is the default setting of the Hit Box.
- Unplugging and replugging in your Hit Box will set it to Standard SOCD Mode.
- Up + Down = Up
- If your Hit Box is set to Alternative SOCD Mode: Hold Down + Options for 3 seconds to enter Standard SOCD Mode (or unplug and plug in your Hit Box).
- Alternative SOCD Mode
- Up + Down = Neutral (Center)
- Hold Down + Options for 3 seconds to enter Alternative SOCD Mode (when in Standard SOCD Mode)
- Official Feature Blog post: https://www.hitboxarcade.com/blogs/hit-box/socd-modes-on-hit-box
Left Stick and Right Stick Clicks (L3/R3)
- Hold Up
- Add Touchpad for L3
- Hold Down
- Add Touchpad for R3
- Only compatible in DPad Mode (the default Directional Output Mode)
- Official Feature blog post: https://www.hitboxarcade.com/blogs/hit-box/l3-and-r3-on-hit-box
- The Hit Box will take 3 to 5 seconds to boot when you plug it in. After waiting a little bit you can press the Home button to then activate it on PS4.
- Please report any issues with the firmware in the #tech-support channel in our Discord or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to update firmware: Updating Firmware on Hit Box
[instructions for updating firmware are also included with the firmware download]
For any other questions or concerns, please visit our Discord and post in the #tech-support channel, or contact us at email@example.com.